A NEW IMPROVED MEGATAPE BANNER HEMTAPE WITH CLEAR FILM AND IMPROVED STRENGTH
Banner Ups® MegaTape is a double sided Banner Hem reinforcing tape that is made of a super strong film. Now with a new clear film, MegaTape banner hem tape is even stronger than our original product – 10% stronger in both lab tensile tests and wind tunnel test. Improved MegaTape banner hem tape withstood winds up to 108 MPH!! (watch the amazing video below) Use MegaTape when ultimate banner strength is required.
- Clear film is less visible / more attractive when used in Mesh Banners
- Even greater strength than traditional PowerTape® (withstood winds of 108+MPH in wind tunnel tests!) banner hem tape
- Produces a fold-finished banner edge for customers who prefer that look
- Easy to apply banner hem tape. Wears like steel!
- Much cleaner appearance and twice as strong as ordinary double-sided banner hem tape
- Recommended for use where ultimate strength is needed
- Use where folded edge is desired
- Combine with PowerTabs, or grommets, or both
- See amazing wind tunnel test at www.bannerups.com
- Visit www.bannerups.com for installation tips and instructional videos
Packaging: 30 yards/roll: 5 rolls/case
Roll Size: 1.5″ wide x 30 yard length
- Doublesided version of PowerTape
- Strongest Tape available
- Use to create a banner with a folded-edge finish
- Use for double-sided banners – tape is hidden in fold.
FREQUENTLY ASKED POWERTAB® QUESTIONS
MegaTape® is just a double sided adhesive version of PowerTape® made with the same super strong film.
No. The adhesive is unchanged. The only difference is NEW IMPROVED MegaTape’s stronger clear film.
MegaTape’s new clear film is ideal for mesh banners because it is less visible when folded in a mesh banner hem.
MegaTape® is recommended when you desire a folded edge on the banner rather than the unfolded edge with PowerTape®. There are a few tips that will help. First, it helps if you can clamp both ends of the banner on a table with just a little tension to remove any wrinkles. Next, you don’t need to place the PowerTape® exactly along the edge. It is better to give yourself ” to ¼” leeway to allow for any slight wandering as you go down the banner. You will develop your own technique, but we have always found it helpful to pull off an arms length of tape at a time and lay that down, using some tension to keep the tape straight then pull off another, etc.
MegaTape® is made with a super-strong film which makes it far stronger than regular banner tape. Plus, because of the superior rigidity of the MegaTape®, it is much easier to produce a firm sharp edge than with banner hem tape.
It can if the banner is rolled too tightly. We recommend rolling with the print side out, no tighter than a 6″ to 12″ diameter roll.
Unlike regular PowerTape, Megatape® is completely hidden when applied. Double sided banners can be made with art that matches on the reverse side when folded, making the banner hem super strong, yet nearly invisible.
Yes. After installing MegaTape®, feel free to install grommets, or for greater strength, PowerTabs, or both for ultimate strength, according to your needs. This product is ideally suited for customers who like the strength of PowerTape®, but who prefer the look of a folded hem. Now, they can have the best of both products!
"Banner Ups are super easy to use, and you can’t beat the clear! We have never looked back. Thanks for helping us stay ahead of the competition!
"A simple inexpensive solution that works. Really appreciate it. I've been in the business a long time- great fix for a very common problem."